I had a page of nasty notes to heap upon Richard Schaefer for Christmas today, but I do have some memory among my remaining brain cells so I pushed the 'delete' button on them after remembering he was a pretty decent person to me on more than a few occasions without really knowing who I was.
However, he has to answer for the hypocrisy of the Shane Mosley vs. Zab Judah deal and his, Golden Boy, and Team Mayweather's decision to go after Manny Pacquiao on this silly, already smelly as dead fish, steroid/ blood testing issue which at least could push this fight to the alleged backup date of May 1 and all of its implications.
And Bob Arum isn't helping matters with his phony drama queen antics by suggesting my favorite fighter next to Judah, "Yo Paulie" Malignaggi is the threatened replacement! Tim Bradley yes, "Yo Paulie" no.
To even mention "Yo Paulie" in the same paragraph as Mayweather, Jr. and Pacquiao is blasphemy. I'm glad Malignaggi seems to have a sense of humor about it.
All that being said, here is the deal. Mosley confessed under oath a while back in the infamous BALCO case that he took illegal steroids but didn't know what they were. I guess it worked, I don't remember or care nor does it matter.
But last year when a percolating fight between Mosley and Judah was developing, the Judah side was pushing for blood testing, above and beyond the scope of the Nevada State Athletic Commission scope, which as we all know now...drum roll please...only tests urine.
So, maybe in a moment of defensive panic or confusion, the usually calm and cool Schaefer says "no" to the blood testing for Mosley vs. Judah. That what the NSAC does status quo is good enough for Golden Boy! He outsmarted himself.
Mosley vs. Judah never happened.
So what was good enough for his client and minority partner, Mosley that day, wasn't going to be good enough for Pacquiao here in this case on Christmas Day today, 77 days out from March 13.
So my question here for Schaefer is: Why the hell not?
Why this obvious two - faced maneuver? Why, now can't you admit to your client, Mayweather, you have been caught in a big-time public contradiction, and the best thing to do is to have him pee in a cup, collect his $25-40 mil March 13, and basically shut the hell up, and let's be done with this crap.
Maybe lower the pay-per-view fee for the public $10 as an informal apology? Let us get something out of this. Haven't we suffered enough?
That's what I'm talking about!
The moral of this story is of course that Zab Judah should be grateful he lives in a country that has a great commission such as the NSAC that even let's him fight there after all the crap he has pulled.
I didn't need those notes after all.
Merry Christmas everyone!
http://www.examiner.com/x-11372-Dallas-Boxing-Examiner~y2009m12d25-A-Chrismas-tale-starring-Richard-Schaefer-and-Floyd-Mayweather
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment